Welcome to the Indian Newslink Indian Business Awards 2018
Indian Newslink, the oldest and most widely circulated Indian newspaper in New Zealand celebrates the 11th anniversary of the Indian Newslink Indian Business Awards. These awards recognise and reward business successes in New Zealand. The Fortnightly Newspaper also actively promotes Indian businesses, entrepreneurs and professionals, encouraging them to enter the Awards Programme.
As in the past, an experienced panel of judges, independent of the newspaper, will evaluate the qualifying entries and decide the winners in each category, and the overall winner for the Supreme Business of the Year Award.
The finalists and winners will be announced at a gala black tie dinner to be held on Monday, November 26, 2018 at Sky City, Auckland, the details of which will be announced in due course.
Please download the entry form, rules and regulations from the website www.inliba.com, choose up to three categories, complete the entry requirements on your computer, save in PDF format and email your entries to IBA2018@chadwilkie.com on or before 5 pm on August 31, 2018.
Please do not fax, mail or courier the forms.
Entries for categories 1 to 9 are open to New Zealand businesses owned, managed or operated by people of Indian ethnicity. However, category 10, Excellence in International Business with India, is open to all New Zealand businesses engaged in International Business with India.
This year we have added a new category, Business Excellence in Health & Safety which recognises businesses which put the health, wellbeing and safety of their workers first..
Five additional individual categories including the Best Young Entrepreneur of the Year, Best Business Woman of the Year, Best Accountant of the Year, Best Financial Adviser (Mortgage) of the Year and Best Financial Adviser (Insurance) of the Year are open to persons of Indian ethnicity who are permanently resident in New Zealand or New Zealand citizens. It is not necessary for the business in which they work to be of Indian ownership.
Prior category winners will be unable to enter that same category again until another two years have elapsed.
All companies entering categories 1 to 10 must complete a single Entry Form Part One, plus an additional Part Two Form for each category entered. Downloadable forms and further information are available on the Indian Business Awards website www.inliba.com. Should you be unable to download this form, please contact The Editor, Indian Newslink on (09) 5336377 or email email@example.com
Bank Managers and Accountants, and other individuals can nominate any company or individual registered as a business in New Zealand for any or all categories of the Awards. Nominations can be made for any number of companies or individuals.
Please download the Nomination form from the website www.inliba.com, complete the nomination requirements, save in PDF format and email your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to give plenty of time for the nominee to complete their entry on or before 5 pm on 31 August 2018.
IBA 2018 Categories
Business Award Categories (Maximum of 3 from 9 categories)
1 Business Excellence in Retail
Open Category – Open to all New Zealand businesses
Additional Individual Categories – In addition, entries may be nominated and/or submitted for these categories:
Supreme Business of the Year
(All Business Award Category entries will be automatically entered for this category)
Our Panel of Independent Judges
Chad Wilkie, Chair, The Executive Connection
Nevil Gibson, Editor-in-Chief, The National Business Review
Steve Corbett, Director Commercialisation, AUT
Tony Bacon, M2M Consultant
Tim Livingstone, Senior Consultant, UHY Haines Norton, Chartered Accountants
Chip Dawson, Managing Director, International Business Management Ltd
Ray Knight, Managing Director, Tree Knights
Mike Skilling, Management Consultant
Maria Taylor, Consultant
Adrian Dixon, Principal Consultant, Value Added Management
Requirements and General Rules
Conditions of Entry
(Those nominating companies or individuals should also ensure that their nominees are eligible as per the following criteria)
- Organisations and Businesses, which are owned and/or managed by persons of Indian ethnicity, are eligible to enter up to three of the Business Award Categories 1 to 9. The Supreme Business of the Year will be chosen from the finalists of these categories.
- The Excellence in International Business with India (Category 10) Award is open to any New Zealand business engaged in International Business with India.
- The Best Young Entrepreneur, Best Businesswoman Best Accountant, Best Financial Adviser (Mortgage) and Best Financial Advisor (Insurance) Categories (11 to 15) are open to persons of Indian ethnicity who are permanently resident in New Zealand or New Zealand citizens. It is not necessary for the business in which they work to be of Indian ownership.
- Category winners in the past two years cannot enter the same category or categories but may attempt other categories.
- The Organisations and Businesses for all categories must have been in operation for more than 12 months as at March 31, 2018.
- Partners, owners, managers and employees of the organisations sponsoring the Indian Newslink Business Awards 2018 are not eligible to enter the competition.
- All entries must be on the prescribed forms, completed and saved electronically and sent to IBA2018@chadwilkie.com on or before 5 p.m. on August 31, 2018. Entries received after this date will not be considered.
- Strict confidentiality of the contents of your entry and nominations will be maintained by the independent judges, but no liability is accepted for any loss or damage suffered through entry or nomination in this Business Awards competition.
- Please use a type font size of no less than 10 point. The word limits in the entry are to be observed. Supplementary information is not required and will not be taken into account.
- The decision of the judges will be final and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
For Direct Entries
- All entry forms are to be found at inliba.com
- Complete Part One just once for categories 1 to 10, and in addition complete a separate Part Two for each category entered. So, if you are entering three categories, there will be 1 Part One and 3 Part Two Forms.
- Categories – you may enter up to three categories by ticking the boxes. Finalists will be automatically entered for the Supreme Award. In addition to the three categories chosen, you may also nominate a member of your business for the Best Young Entrepreneur, Best Businesswoman, Best Accountant and/or Best Financial Adviser categories.
- Entries for the Best Young Entrepreneur, Best Businesswoman, Best Accountant and/or Best Financial Adviser categories are to be submitted on the special Part Two Category Form. A Part One form is not required for these entries.
- All Completed forms must be sent by email to IBA2018@chadwilkie.com on or before 5 pm on August 31, 2018.
- Should you require further assistance with the awards process, please write to the Editor, Indian Newslink at email@example.com
The nomination form is to be found at www.inliba.com Complete one nomination form for each entrant, indicating the categories which you would like to see them enter.
IBA 2018 Timetable
May, June and July 2018: Workshops on “How to complete a winning entry” to be held.
August 31, 2018: Final date for completed entries to be filed
November 26, 2018: Gala Black Tie Dinner, Entertainment and Awards Presentation Ceremony at Sky City, Auckland. Further details will be published in Indian Newslink and www.inliba.com
Help and support
- Tuesday, May 2, 2018 at 4 pm:
- Tuesday, June 6, 2018 at 4 pm:
- Tuesday, July 4, 2018 at 4 pm:
To Register for a workshop please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Workshops outside Auckland may be announced soon.
At each workshop, we will go over the entry form question by question, outlining the judges’ expectations for each and providing tips on how to complete the form within the required limit.
You will have an opportunity at the end of the workshop to network with fellow entrants.
Professional Assistance with Entries
There will be opportunities to obtain help with your entry.
Professional assistance listed below, independent of Indian Newslink and the Panel of Judges is available to entrants, who should negotiate terms and fees directly.
- Georgia Saxon, The Awards Shop, Hawkes Bay; Mobile: 021-715479; Email: email@example.com; Website: www.awardshop.co.nz
- Manish Tanna, Vmindurbiz Services, Auckland; Mobile: 021-822772; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Website: vmindurbiz.com
Should you have any queries, please contact Editor, Indian Newslink on (09) 5336377 or (09) 3910203. Email: email@example.com